The game is divided into rounds. The goal of a round is to complete a previously selected image with the tiles of the correct colors. Community creates images using our 32x64 5-color editor and votes for the ones they want to complete next. Once the round is complete, the winner gets a prize.
Once you buy even 1 PILE token (TIP3.1), you automatically start farming tiles. The more you buy, the more you get, but the maximum is 1024 tiles, you cannot have more than this. Additinally, there are some formula nuances to prevent whales from capturing significantly more tiles than normal users.
During the farming, you know only the number of tiles, not their color. Once you enter a game round, you claim the actual colored tiles. These colors are distributed almost equally, so, when claiming, you get the equal quantities of white, light-grey, dark-grey, and black tiles, but fluctuations are possible.
You can put any number of claimed tiles up to 50 to complete the image.
Prize Distribution Formula
Each game has a prize. The prize is defined by a game organizer. In the future, this prize is assumed to be an NFT which transforms to a in-play box with a weapon or modification, a prize in PILE tokens or just an empty box.
The winner is selected between top-3 players by probability.
Player 1 put 800 tiles,
Player 2 put 100 tiles,
Player 3 put 100 tiles,
Player 4 put 24 tiles.
The probability of Player 1 to win is 800 / (800 + 100 + 100) = 80%.
The probability of Player 2 to win is 100 / (800 + 100 + 100) = 10%.
The probability of Player 3 to win is 100 / (800 + 100 + 100) = 10%.
So, all the three players have chances to win but these chances are governed by the number of tiles they put.
Why should not we simply give the prize to the first place?
By this distribution we tried to solve the following challenges:
Every player with a positive PILE token balance receives tiles according to the formula:
Formula design considerations:
A player can participate in a round by converting the claimed tiles into the colored tiles which they use to complete images. These colored tiles can be used only in the exact game where they were minted. Since every round requires different colors to complete an image, the app distributes 80% of tiles equally between 5 colors. The rest 20% are distributed randomly securing the luck factor and giving more potential to different strategies. For example, a player has farmed 1000 tiles and wants to convert them. They receive 160 white, 160 light-grey, 160 semi-grey, 160 dark-grey, and 160 black tiles (160 x 5 = 800). The rest 200 will be randomly distributed between colors.
Here are the factors which will make the economy deflationary:
Composing images from tiles has become popular, for example, Lego successfully released its multi-color constructors Lego Art in collaboration with Marvel, Star Wars and others. The Russian startup Mozabrick reports $3 mln YtY revenue.
The game can be scaled or pivoted to multiple directions depending on the community and trends. It can become a community of people who collect trendy mems and earn money unleashing the NFT opportunities, or an area for clan battles where teams compete with each other, it can have speed competitions, tournaments, missions. The color palette can be re-defined, extended, it can include special-action tiles, and the tiles themselves may not get together with each other that peacefully as they currently do.
Since each game consists of 2024 pieces, the blockchain needs to be ready to put the tiles even one-by-one, without any delays and double puts though providing relatively cheap gas prices and fast turnarounds.